DragonFly floating skimmer
The Dragonfly is an innovative and economical method for keeping your swimming pool clean.
The Dragonfly is a patented pulse surface cleaner that stops nasties dead in their tracks before they have a chance
to sink and contaminate the water.
The Dragonfly makes enjoying your pool easier, healthier and saves you money!
Does not include the hose. Most auto pool cleaner hoses will fit.
Don't Watch Leaves and Dirt Make a Mess of Your Pool!
The Dragonfly Pulse Surface Cleaner was conceived to put an end to owners watching leaves, dust, pollen and
other materials floating on the surface of their pool and having to wait for it to sink to the bottom of the swimming
pool before their conventional automatic pool floor cleaner could remove them.
Clean the Surface and the rest of the swimming pool will largely take care of itself!
The sensible answer is a floating automatic pool cleaner. The Dragonfly Pulse Surface Cleaner is able to remove
harmful and unsightly contaminants before they sink.
For the initial assembly of your Dragonfly™ you will first attach the floats.
- Attach the floats to the main body with the provided stainless steel bolts and plastic washers. The stainless steel bolts and plastic washers are found screwed into each float. You will need a ½ inch (13mm) wrench.
- When inserting the stainless steel bolts through the slots in the main body, ensure that the plastic washers are facing ridge side into slot of the main body.
- Set the floats using the marks on the floats to the 4th mark from the top of the float aligning the 4th mark with the top of the weir.
- Once the floats are secured in place, ensure that the side valve moves freely up and down.
Preperation VERY IMPORTANT
- Check the pump and filter systems to ensure that both are running at maximum efficiency and are fully primed. Your pool circulation must be functioning at 100%.
- Clean the leaf basket or in-line canister.
- Clean the cartridge or backwash the DE filter, sand filter or glass filter (your pool has one of the above).
- If you have a solar heating system, it must be running efficiently.
- Ensure that the hoses to be used are in good condition and are properly connected to the vacuum plate. Flexible, segmented hoses are recommended.
Additional Parts You May Need:
- Bypass/Diverter Valve
- Segmented hose lengths to accommodate your pool size.
- In-line leaf canister for heavy surface debris.
- 90° Elbow to connect hose into vacuum plate.
Connecting the hose to the Dragonfly™
- Connect the female end of the hose to the male connector at the bottom of your Dragonfly™.
- Evacuate as much air as possible from the hose prior to starting the pump.
Placing the Dragonfly™ into the pool.
- Set your Dragonfly™ upside down in the pool to allow all three floats to fill with water. Ensure there are no air bubbles coming from within the floats – this may be done by rotating the Dragonfly™ under the water at an angle until all of the air is expelled from each of the floats.
- While keeping it submerged, carefully turn your Dragonfly™ right side up.
- Set the floats so there is approximately ½ inch (13mm) of water over the three weirs. Your Dragonfly™ should now be floating evenly in the water with the three weirs being just below the surface of the water.
- Start the pump.
The water should be cascading rhythmically from the surface of the pool over the three weirs and the side valve should open and close intermeittently.
- If the side valve remains open, loosen the bolt, using a ½ inch (13mm) wrench and raise one or more of the floates a little at a time (this causes more water to pass over the weirs) until the side valve starts to open and close.
- If the side valve remains closed, loosen the bolt, using a ½ inch (13mm) wrench and lower one or more of the floats a little at a time (this causes less water to pass over the weirs) until the side valve starts to open and close.
- If assembled according to the above Guidelines, your Dragonfly™ is set to work immediately in most situations; however, as there are many differing pump strengths, sometimes an adjustment needs to be made to the floats.
It is rare that your Dragonfly™ floats will need to be readjusted.
If a float has not been correctly fastened or the pump has been renewed, one or more of the floats may need to be adjusted.
It is very important that your pump and filter systems are running at maximum efficiency for the initial Dragonfly™ installation.
The Dragonfly™ is an excellent indicator of when your filtration or other equipment needs attention. Example: Algae or dirt build up in your filter will eventually slow or stop the Dragonfly™ pulsating. The filtration system will require back washing or cleaning. Other causes may be a split or blocked hose.
In the interest of safety, before swimming always remove the Dragonfly™ from your pool.
Office hours: 9am - 5pm Mon-Fri. 9am - 3pm Sat. & Sun.
Ph: 1800 648 363 or 02 4956 5694... Tap to Call Us on your Mobile Now!
When purchasing, tap the edit cart link to see what freight you pay.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Direct Pool Supplies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.